WARNING: Reading this and the moment to follow may change your life for ever.
It will only take a few moments to read these words — possibly only as long as the exposure on the epic photo of Yosemite, you’d have to ask Preston.
What value do you place on this moment in history?
Did you ever consider that in a sense, it is the only sure thing you have?
That also makes it extremely valuable.
An ancient leader/poet wrote this prayer (my paraphrase):
Teach us to number our days that we may know how to live life skillfully.
How might we learn to number our days and become more skillful at living?
1. Start by actually numbering your days. Today is 16,272 for me. You can use this to determine yours.
2. Think about how the days already past and about what you’ve done with the days you’ve been given. How many of those days were marked by these:
Ambiguity, Overload, Lack of Fulfillment, Disengagement, Status Quo?
3. Consider the number of days you have left.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
— Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings
Now here is the crux, the hard part, the challenge. What you do with this next moment will either change your life forever, or take you back to business as usual…
4. Resolve in THIS MOMENT in history to do something that will radically change your situation.
You probably already know what it is.
If you’d like some help, get in contact, or share in the comments below. I’d be honored to help you steward a few moments of your time.
What did you do with your moment?
More food for thought:
The Tail End — seeing your limited life visually.
The Tail End - Wait But Why
In a post last year, we laid out the human lifespan visually. By years: By months: And by weeks: While working on that…
- Life is a picture but you live in a pixel.
Life is a Picture, But You Live in a Pixel - Wait But Why
This is Jack: Jack and Today are dating. The relationship is going all right and Jack's reasonably happy, but for a…
You have 100 blocks of 10 mins a day.